Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Healthy Stock to Keep you Warm


I was craving soup because it has been so cold in New York. I don't like the canned variety at all so decided to make some vegetable stock to use as a base for other soups. Rooting around the fridge, I found some carrots, parsley, celery and onion to use. To that I added some bay leaves and a little salt and here was the result. A nice clear broth that will work as a base for just about anything, like white beans, left over pasta, spinach and chicken garnished with Argentine Reggianito cheese. Or some leftover chicken cacciatore from a Nigella Lawson recipe with tomato, red pepper, beans and basil. My favorite, though, is and will be, chick peas, sausage and kale. Let me know if you need the recipe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish Sparkja were here in Vermont to cook for me...all I can tolerate even thinking about is a light but soothing soup!--Chance's mom